Monday, July 26, 2010

Looking Inward - Childhood dreams

Related to admiration is childhood dreams. Most of us can recall what our dream jobs were when we were young. What were mine?
1. Inventor
2. Marine biologist
3. Video game tester

#1 is what ended up affected my career as I selected Mechanical Engineering. Little did I know that there was nothing in the curriculum which explained the process of inventing. #2 sounded fun because I could be by the ocean or sea. Regrettably, I suppose it was the pay which dissuaded me from that direction. #3 I am glad that I did not pursue. My life is much better without having to be frustrated that I cannot "beat a level." You could say that I did grow out of this one.

In some ways, I feel so cheated with my dream. It was pure yet naive. I didn't know where I was heading...

Why do I bring this up? I think it's important to look back and see one's hopes/dreams from before. It's a good comparison to show how you've changed and matured. For those who have lost touch with your dream... ask yourself why?

No comments: